Tough Love Hero
by Maisey Yates
- Series: Copper Ridge
- Publisher: HQN Books (June 28, 2016)
- Review Copy: Provided by Netgalley for honest review – no compensation provided
- ISBN-13: 978-0373789818
Can the golden boy of Copper Ridge, Oregon, get a second chance at happy-ever-after?
Ranching heir Colton West knew his wedding would be the talk of the town. But he didn’t expect to get left at the altar—or to escape on the next flight to Vegas with Lydia Carpenter, the woman who gets under his skin like no one else. The only thing crazier than honeymooning with Lydia is waking up married to her. So why does he find himself entertaining his new wife’s desire to stay married—and fantasizing about a real wedding night?
As Copper Ridge’s prospective mayor, Lydia can’t risk a divorce scandal so close to election time. But pretending to be blissfully in love with her new husband is more confusing than she’d thought. For a man who’s always rubbed her the wrong way, Colton suddenly seems to know exactly what to do with his hands. And his lips. Now Lydia’s wildest mistake could turn out to be her luckiest move, if they’re both willing to take the ultimate gamble…
What I liked/worked for me:
- I enjoyed the dynamic between Colton and Lydia – I enjoyed their bantering and frustration with each other. They are both so stubborn and set in their ways. It is always fun when two people with the same characteristic find themselves falling for each other.
- Maisey Yates does a great job of weaving the stories in the previous 4 books into this one without overdoing it or having it take away from Colton and Lydia’s story.
- I loved the overall idea the story is based on- man left at the alter and then finding himself married to a woman he thinks he can’t stand but can’t remember what happened that night in Vegas.
- The underlying story line about the West Family and the drama involved with all of them.
- The Drama – I am not going to say more as it would give a lot away.
What I didn’t work for me:
- The quick turnaround in their relationship. I just didn’t believe the change could or would ever happen this quickly. It was the one thing that was unbelievable in my mind.
- Some of the story moved along very slowly and I had a hard time staying focused. I found myself wanting to know what happened next more quickly. Some of the story felt unnecessary. I have a feeling that there are some parts of this story that build into bigger story lines in the future books in this series.
Overall, a consistent romance series. I look forward to the next book.
Con Cialis, questo è facile – pastillas sexuales. Cialis con consulenza qualificata. Dato che si accompagna al calo di consumi di farmaci Cialis da banco registrato viagra boccaccio Ultime estrazioni del Viagra, Livorno e Grosseto. I wish to read se puede comprar viagra sin receta en espaГ±a things about it!