Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
- ISBN-13: 9780373210480
- Publisher: Harlequin
- Publication date: 8/28/2012
- Pages: 272
- Series: Confessions Series
- Source: Netgalley
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make
1. I’m livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I’m allowed to be irate,don’t you?
2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.
3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and “seeing red” means being angry—get it?)
Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.
(Don’t know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)
(Sorry. That was rude.)
I felt a bit mislead by the blurb for Confessions of an Angry Girl which portrays Rose as a very angry girl. I found Rose to be much more of a quiet girl stewing in her grief and lose. Sure she does things that are not smart but I did not view them much different than any teenage girl trying to find herself. Rose has a set of circumstances that are much different than most teens, her father dies in a war that he never should have been a part of and her family shut down for these. Along the way, her best friend decides that she wants to be a cheerleader and Rose feels as though she is left behind which really she is. Like most teenage girls, her best guy friend is interested in her when she is just not interested in him. This causes a lot of drama when she kisses Jamie who is the lead cheerleader’s supposed boyfriend. So I guess what I really found in this book was a lot of drama and not a lot of plot. The story felt like a teenage sitcom and I could never really figure out the point of the story.
All that being said it was a quick read, but just not of that I connected with. I can see how some people might love this story. I am just not all about the crazy drama that happen I felt that it was over the top. By all mean, if the blurb catches your attention take a chance on this book.