In celebration of the release of Bare-Naked Lola, the 3rd installment in the Lola Cruz Mystery Series, I’m offering up ten reasons to read Lola!
10. Your life is tame, but like me, you like to live vicariously through sexy, sassy, clever characters. Lola is my alter-ego. She can be yours, too!
9. You’ve always wanted to salsa dance (from the safety of your own imagination).
8. Sacramento is the unsung romantic city. Okay, that may be stretching it, but it’s not bad.
7. You like smokin’ hot Latino men. Lola’s brother, Antonio (goatee, backwards ball cap, attitude), and her boss, Manny (former police detective and all-around bad-ass), both fit the bill.
6. You have a hankering for Mexican food. There’s plenty to spare in these novels.
5. La familia Cruz. They are over-involved, and have each other’s backs, even when a good Catholic girl like Lola veers off her good girl path.
4. Stephanie Plum is one of your favorites. Lola’s a bit like Stephanie. Smarter, hopefully, and sexier, but sassy and caperish.
3. Did I mention salsa dancing?
2. You like to see justice done. Bad guys get caught and all is right with the world, if only for a little while.
And, the number one reason to read Bare-Naked Lola…
1. Ay caramba, pero Jack Callaghan, of course. He’s wanted Lola since high school, and now he’s back in her life. He is one sexy reporter, and he’s got Lola turned upside down. Will they, or won’t they, and just how far is Lola willing to go for her job, especially when it means stripping down to her birthday suit at a nudist resort? What will Jack think about that…or will he join her?
Gotta read Bare-Naked Lola to find out more and get wrapped up in Lola’s world. No need to start with the first two. Just jump right in and get a taste of Lola.
Connect with Melissa
Going undercover is second nature for Private Investigator Lola Cruz, but she’s out of her league when the case of a murdered Royals Courtside Dancer leads her to a local nudist resort. Parading around the sidelines of Sacramento’s professional basketball scene in a barely-there cheerleading outfit is one thing—but parading around in nothing but a smile? If she has any chance of hiding this from her traditional family and on-again/off-again boyfriend Jack, she’s going to have a lot more than her duct tape bra and killer dance moves to keep under wraps
What an unique and fun read. Lola Cruz finds herself in hot water more often that not. I found the style of this book refreshing and just plain interesting. At first, I thought that I was going to get frustrated or annoyed with the pretty regular phrase in Spanish. Mostly, because I thought that I would have to translate each one but Melissa Bourbon Ramirez did a great job with setting the context so that I could figure it out or at least mostly out on my own. I ended up finding this to be one of my favorite things about the writing. It made it fun and well honestly different!
The story itself was pretty interesting. Crazy thing are happening on the Royals Courtside Dancer team, the girls are getting threatening notes. Lola is hired to go undercover and figure out who done it, but she has some immediate concerns with it and the first of those is how skimpy the outfits are. If she only knew that this case was going to take her to a nudist resort. It was great fun to watch Lola and how she responds to the unconformable situations she find herself in. Lola also seems to have a natural knack for finding things out and she just seems to stumble on things.
Only second to the story is the fact that Jack is back in the picture and I love the growing tension between them. I like that Lola wants to know that Jack has her back and that they are a team. So many previous issues but I really hope that things keep heading in the direction that they do in this story!
Overall, this is a just a fun book. I sat down to read it and just could not put it down! I hope you will do the same!
ENTER TO WIN:
If you would like to win a ecopy of this book, please leave a comment with a question/comment about this post or the book. Please be sure to leave an email address so I can contact you if you win. Contest will end on 5/11/2012.