- ISBN-13: 9781451679168
- Publisher: Howard Books
- Publication date: 3/4/2014
- Pages: 256
- Source: Netgalley for honest review
It’s All About Relationships!
In this delightful and very personal book, the four oldest Duggar girls share their hearts and their core beliefs, explaining that it’s all about relationships!
• Relationship with self: The girls share their own personal journeys to self-acceptance and navigating the difficult stage of adolescence.
• Relationship with parents: You’ll find revelations about how Jim Bob and Michelle keep the lines of communication open with their children.
• Relationships with siblings: Here, you’ll get a peek into the Buddy system, how the siblings handle conflict, and how the loss of little Jubilee (their sister) affected their relationships with each other.
• Relationships with friends: You’ll find principles on how the Duggar kids deal with peer pressure and how they interact with friends outside their family.
• Relationships with boys: You’ll learn the Duggar view of dating and courtship, and these four sisters will address the often-asked question of when one of them will get married.
• Relationship with God: And woven throughout the book, the girls talk about their most important relationship of all—their relationship with God and their own personal faith and beliefs.
This candid look into what Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger believe and why they believe it will give you practical insights into your own life and will inspire you to evaluate principles that will work for you.
Growing Up Dugger was not a book that I would have thought to read but I was interested in checking this out just to see what these girls who have become famous have to say about their relationships and how they view different things in the lives. I was hoping that I would find a genuine book and some realness out of these girls who I always feel are scripted and rehearsed in what they have to say about God, their lives and life in general. I was disappointed to find that this book felt just a rehearsed as everything else I have heard and read from this family.
While I did not enjoy the content of the book I will say that it was well written and well put together. I was broken in to easy to understand areas and subjects. I felt like there was decent editing. I just wish they would be more real and not so fake in their responses.