Here’s an opportunity for you to dust off those books just sitting on your shelves– the one’s you’ve been meaning to get to for months. This challenge will help you get to that long list of To Be Read books. Even better, there will be opportunities toWIN PRIZES, share reviews, and participate in mini-challenges all year long. The brainchild of Evie at Bookish, this challenge has 10 fabulous cohosts (we’re thrilled to be one of them!).
- This challenge will run from Jan. 1, 2012 – Dec. 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, onlybloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec. 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking 😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway – 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
Hosts: Evie from Bookish – http://www.evie-bookish.
Nicole from All I Ever Read – http://www.nicoleabouttown.
Bonnie from Hands and Home – http://www.handsandhome.ca/@HandsHomeBlog
Donna from Book Passion For Life – http://bookpassionforlife.
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading – http://whatchyareading.net @caitlingss
Rie from Mission To Read – http://missiontoread.com/ @missiontoread
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea -http://booksbiscuitsandtea.
Christa from Hooked On Books – http://christashookedonbooks.
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction – http://fansoffiction.blogspot.
Angel from Mermaids Vision – http://mermaidvision.
Wrap-up POST Schedule:
January – Donna (Theme: Let It Snow + Book Cover Challenge)
February – Nicole (Theme: Un-requited Love/Love Gone Wrong + Advice Column Challenge)
March – Rie (Theme: Green or Pinched + Green Cover Challenge)
April – Bonnie (Theme: Easter + Mini Challenge)
May – Christa (Theme: MayDay – Disaster Books! + Cover Disaster Challenge)
June – Jenna (Theme: Camping + Sentence Challenge)
July – Rie (Theme: International Day + Cover Comparison Challenge)
August – Angel (Theme: Summer Memories + Send Your Fav Character On Vacation Challenge)
September – Nicole (Theme: Life Changing Books + Mini Challenge)
October – Caitlin (Theme: Thanksgiving Theme + Share-A-Book Challenge)
November – Vicky (Theme: Spooky Halloween + Book Puzzle Challenge)
December – Evie (Theme: Xmas Bliss + Book Bachelor Challenge)
Books I have Reading For this Challenge:
1. Mockingjay By Suzanne Collins